I used to play games a lot. I bring my DS to classes, play on my PC/Consoles, and so on. I’m pretty sure there’s a good 30-40 hours per week spent for gaming. That was pretty tame compared to my friends, but that’s still a lot of time
Then I thought, “Well this is fun. I wonder how these things are made. I want to be a game developer!”
I did. Then my gaming hours dropped hard.
Here is some knowledge I want to share. It is about the ColorTransform class in flash. A class used in DisplayObject class for manipulating color.
Why do we need this class? It used for reducing some asset for the game or other application. For example if we want to make a game that have plenty of monsters and the monsters have same shape but different color, we could use only one asset and the other “different colored monsters” are generated by code. Other usage of this ColorTransform class is for give effect to the DisplayObject like color transition animation.
Now, let us go to the code.
The ColorTransform class has some properties, which are:
- Multiplier -> redMultiplier, greenMultiplier, blueMultiplier, alphaMultiplier
- Offset -> redOffset, greenOffset, blueOffset, alphaOffset
Here is the equation (used red for the example) done to each pixel color (red, green, blue).
new_red_color = (old_red_color * redMultiplier) + redOffset;
The result capped from zero to 255;
The color property defines the offset of the transformation. If color is being set to some color (in hex), the multiplier will be set to zero and the offset will be set to the given value.
Short update here.
I added captcha to the comment box. Why? Because somehow the spam bot managed to post 40 comment in just one night. So if any of you annoyed by the captcha, blame the bot.
1. I work overtime and I don’t feel the ~usually said~ pressure.. maybe I should call it PLEASURE instead
2. I feel the freedom to express myself, even the rules don’t make me feeling suppressed.. I honestly feel that my idea and creativity can easily comes in and out without any restriction!
3. Everybody here work with Passion.. and so do I.. I met talented persons with their own unique specialty. This environment makes me improved 10 times larger and faster than before.
4. Smile and Laughter… everyday here is filled out with those positive aura. Jokes, from crispy jokes to the sensual ones… hohohohohoho
5. Creating and playing game has never been as fun as in here
6. Time is running so fast here, that means I enjoy every single second here. It makes me want to say “What!? A day has passed!?” everytime I finished working.
7. Looking to the past, there are so many incidental factors that make me here now
8. 24/7 unlimited internet connection – facility that i enjoyed so much (regarding how I was hardly connected to internet before XD)
9. I wear shorts at work, eating malkist abon while drawing, and even sleep over the keyboard XD
10. I know that I invest something here, not only money, but also time, relations, experiences, skills and many more #censored# XDDD
Agate’s here, well-fed and alive!
while I was browsing for other game artists’ blog for reference (ok, I admit, I was quite confused about what topic I should write about XD) I read an interesting post.. it’s from http://mattsgameblog.blogspot.com..
Well, he stated that sometimes, he felt that on this course (being a game artist), he can’t be as creative as he want to be in his projects.